Robust, Responsive Civil Aviation System
The boundaries of the civil aviation system evolve as experience grows, analysis of safety information highlights the need for change, and New Zealand keeps pace with its international obligations.
The New Zealand civil aviation system is robust and responsive to the continually changing aviation community.
The New Zealand system is respected internationally, and provides an appropriate level of safety and security for the public of New Zealand.
- Civil Aviation in New Zealand
- A Controlled Civil Aviation System
- The CAA is a Crown Entity
- Shared Responsibility for Safety
- Internationally Recognised
- Rules Prescribe Minimum Safety Standards
- Entry via Aviation Documents
- 100% Compliance With the Rules
- Risk to Safety Assessed
- Aircraft and Personnel are Checked Regularly
- Learning from Accidents and Incidents
- Exit from the System
- Analysing Safety Trends
- Support, Safety Education and Advice
- Robust, Responsive Civil Aviation System