Schedule of Charges
Schedule of charges for the provision of information under the Official
Information Act 1982 (the Act):
- If the request is made by an identifiable natural person
seeking access to any personal information about that person
then such requests are subject to the Privacy Act 1993 and
these charges do not apply.
- If the aggregate amount of time spent in actioning a
request exceeds one hour then the basis for charging is as
- An initial charge for the first
chargeable half hour of $38.00
- Then for each additional half hour $38.00
- Actioning a request includes:
- search and retrieval of
- reading and reviewing the information,
- actual physical editing of protected information, and
- supervising the access to the information.
- Photocopying on standard A4 paper will be free of charge
for the first 20 pages and thereafter will be a charge of 20
cents per page.
- All other charges incurred shall be fixed at an amount
that recovers the actual costs involved. This will include:
- Producing a document by use of
computer or such like
- Reproducing a photograph, film, video or audio recording
- Arranging for the applicant to hear or view an audio or
- Providing a map, plan or other document larger than an
- Retrieval of information off-site
- Any situation in which a direct charge is incurred by
CAA in providing the information.
- A charge may be modified or waived at the discretion of
DCA where payment
- might cause the applicant
- where remission or reduction of the charge would
facilitate good relations with the public or assist CAA in
its work, and
- would be in the public interest because it is likely to
contribute significantly to public understanding of, or
effective participation in, the operations or activities of
CAA, and the disclosure of information is not primarily in
the commercial interest of the requester.
- The charge may not include any allowance for:
- Information that is not where it
ought to be
- Time spent deciding whether or not access should be
allowed and in what form.