2009 Design Delegation Holders Seminar Presentations
The 2009 Design Delegation Holders Seminar was held in Wellington on 29 Oct 2009. The one-day seminar was attended by over 50 participants from the industry, CAA, and CASA.
The seminar provided an excellent forum for Design Delegation Holders and Part 146 Design Organisations' staff to discuss technical and professional topics, and network with other members of the industry. The seminar included presentations from the CAA Aircraft Certification Unit (ACU), the CAA Legal Unit, Altitude Aerospace Interiors, Air New Zealand Engineering Services, Flight Structures Ltd, Aero Design Ltd and CASA. The Director of Civil Aviation, Steve Douglas, and General Manager of Airlines, Mark Hughes, joined the Seminar towards the end of the day to participate in the open forum.
Some of the presentations from the day are available below. Others may be available by emailing Beth Coughlan
2009 Design Delegation Holders Seminar Presentations:
- Aircraft Certification Unit Update (PowerPoint) - Geoff Connor (7.1MB)
- Update of CAA changes & proposals which could affect Design Delegations (PowerPoint) - Peter Gill (737KB)
- EASA Design Organisation Features (PowerPoint) - Richard Leaper (4.37MB)
- Certification of Transport Medical Equipment (PowerPoint) - Chris Raynes (2.47MB)
- Issues regarding Acceptable Design Data (PowerPoint) - Rodger Chalk & Richard Doig (2.16MB)
- GNSS IFR Installations & Approvals (PowerPoint) - Ron Doggett (1.38MB)
- Commercial Parts Considerations (PowerPoint) - Neil Burton
- Dynamics Simulation (PowerPoint) - Dan Retief (3.58MB)