2015 Design Delegation Holders Seminar Presentations
The 2015 Design Delegation Holders Seminar was held in Auckland on 26 March. The one-day seminar was attended by over 60 participants from the industry, CAA, CASA and FAA.
The seminar provided an excellent forum for Design Delegation Holders and Part 146 Design Organisations' staff to discuss technical and professional topics, and network with other members of the industry.
The seminar included presentations from the CAA updating industry on certification issues, the Type Acceptance process, safety management systems, responsibilities of Delegation Holders, New Southern Skies (NSS), as well as presentations on safety analysis and designing for the end user from the Intelligence and Safety Investigation Units, respectively. Presentations also included an overview of the FAA Aging Airplane Safety Rule (specifically focusing on the Limit of Validity), an update from CASA, and an STC case study by Airwork Ltd. The audience was also treated to some general lessons learnt throughout the colourful career of one of our long standing delegates.
Some of the presentations from the day are available below:
- Intro and Airworthiness Certification Unit (ACU) Update- David Gill (PDF 2.5MB)
- Information for DDH and Renewal Process - Peter Gill (PDF)
- CASA Update - Peter Nikolic (PDF 843KB)
- Type Acceptance - Greg Baum (PDF 1.5MB)
- SMS Update - Mark Price
- Avionics Guidance - Wayne Thomas (PDF 1.5MB)
- New Southern Sky - Ray Harvey (PDF 814KB)
- STCs - Peter Gill and Andrea Wadsworth
- Intelligence and Risk Based Regulation - Jack Stanton (PDF 3.9MB)
- Design Lessons from Safety Investigation - Matt Harris (PDF 1.2MB)
- FAA Aging Aircraft Rule and LOV - Damian Horrigan (PDF 642KB)