Mode S Transponder Code
Rule 91.247(b) (PDF) requires that aircraft with Mode S transponder equipment installed must have a
unique Mode S address code assigned by the Director. AC91-2 gives details.
To find out the code (binary) for an aircraft:
- Go to the Aircraft Register page.
- Enter the aircraft registration and click "Get Reg Mark".
On the right side you will see the code for that particular aircraft:
- First line shows the binary country code for New Zealand.
- Second line shows the unique binary aircraft code.
- Third line shows the equivalent hexadecimal code.