Keep up to date on Medical Matters
You can now subscribe to receive an email notification when new information is added to our Medical web pages, including documents that are available for consultation.
Existing subscribers to our email notification service will need to add this to their current subscription lists. Use the links below to subscribe.
Note: A new Medical Certificate Application Fee of $313 (incl GST) applies from 01 Nov 2012, and must be paid at the time of application for each issue and renewal of a medical.
The information below is provided to help you answer any questions you may have about aviation medical certification. Please read it before contacting the medical unit.
This information is being continually updated following the introduction of a new medical certification system on 1 April 2002.
Documents marked with this symbol are Portable Document Format (pdf) files viewed using Adobe Acrobat Reader.
The CAA Medical Unit
Aviation Community Medical Liaison Group (ACMLG)
How to get a Medical Certificate
- How to Get a Medical Certificate
- Directory of New Zealand Medical Examiners
- Directory of Overseas Medical Examiners
- Directory of Optometrists Accredited by the NZAO to CAA Standards
- Medical Information Sheets
Conditions of use of a Medical Certificate
Review of Medical Certification Decisions
How to become a Medical Examiner
- Role of Medical Examiners
- Requirements of Medical Examiner Grade One
- Requirements of Medical Examiner Grade Two
- Medical Examiner Designation - Info for new and existing MEs
- Medical Examiner Exposition Site
- The Medical Manual
- General Directions
- Emergency Directive
- The Medical Examiner Newsletter
- Links to Aviation Medical Resources
- Medical Examiner Documentation Checklist
- Civil Aviation Act 1990
- Part 67 Medical Standards and Certification
- Frequently Asked Questions on the new Part 67
Documents for Consultation