Part 121 - Air Operations - Large Aeroplanes
This compilation of the above Civil Aviation Rule was made by the Civil Aviation Authority as a reference document to provide details of the current rule requirements. It is not the official version of the Rule and should only be used as a reference document. It does not contain the statement specifying the Rule Objective, and the Extent of Consultation.
The purpose of Part 121 is to prescribe the operating requirements for air operations of aeroplanes that have a passenger seating configuration of more than 30 seats, excluding any required crew member seat, or a payload capacity of more than 3410 kg, carried out by the holder of an Airline Air Operator Certificate issued under Part 119 of the Rules.
The objective is to standardise the rules for all operators of aircraft in these categories by establishing rules applicable to —
- each person performing an air operation
- each holder of an air operator certificate performing an air operation
- each pilot-in-command performing an air operation
- any additional aircraft equipment, instrument, and certificate requirements and specifications
- aircraft maintenance, preventative maintenance, and modification requirements