Part 135 - Air Operations - Helicopters and Small Aeroplanes
This compilation of the above Civil Aviation Rule was made by the Civil Aviation Authority as a reference document to provide details of the current rule requirements. It is not the official version of the Rule and should only be used as a reference document. It does not contain the statement specifying the Rule Objective, and the Extent of Consultation.
The purpose of Part 135 is to prescribe the operating requirements for air operations, air transport and commercial transport operations, for—
- aeroplanes that have a passenger seating configuration of 9 seats or less, excluding any required crew member seat, or a MCTOW of 5 700 kg or less
carried out by the holder of an Airline or a General Aviation Air Operator Certificate issued under Part 119 of the Rules.
The objective is to standardise the rules for all operators of aircraft in these categories by establishing rules applicable to—
- each person performing an air operation
- each holder of an air operator certificate performing an air operation
- each pilot-in-command performing an air operation
- any additional aircraft equipment, instrument, and certificate requirements and specifications
- aircraft maintenance, preventative maintenance, and modification requirements