Online Payment Terms
Terms and Conditions for Online Payment to the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA)
- These terms and conditions apply when making an online payment to the Civil Aviation Authority (the CAA). It is your responsibility to read and understand these terms and conditions, which govern the products available to you through online payment to the Civil Aviation Authority as set out below.
- You may also be subject to other terms and conditions imposed by law or that have been agreed to in writing between you and the CAA. The phrase "these terms" refers to all of the terms and conditions provided here, and any changes to them.
- If there is any inconsistency between these terms and any terms and conditions applying to any products available to you via online payment to the CAA, the terms and conditions governing those products will prevail over these terms and conditions.
- If there is any inconsistency between these terms and any terms and conditions associated with the use of the Civil Aviation Authority web site, these terms will prevail over the terms and conditions applying to the use of the Civil Aviation Authority web site.
- By using online payment to the CAA, you acknowledge that you agree to be bound by these terms.
For the avoidance of any doubt, the use of the following terms in these terms and conditions should be interpreted as:
- "You" means the person accessing or using online payment to the CAA. "Your" has a corresponding meaning.
- "We" means Civil Aviation Authority of New Zealand. "Our" and "us" have a corresponding meaning.
- "Online payment to the CAA” means this electronic service for the pre-payment of the medical certificate application fee and any other fees provided for in the Civil Aviation Charges Regulations (No 2) 1991 Amendment Regulations 2012.
- "Our web site" means the Civil Aviation Authority of New Zealand web site accessed through the home page http://www.caa.govt.nz/ but excludes any other web sites not operated by us that may be accessed through hypertext links on our web site or any web sites that may be associated with us or refer to us.
- "Credit card" means a card which allows you to make a payment electronically online using funds from your credit card account.
Your Use of Online Payment to the CAA
- Online payment to the CAA is provided for your convenience only. By using online payment to the CAA, you acknowledge that your use of this system is at your own risk.
- By using online payment to the CAA, you confirm that you have the appropriate authority to pay.
- Online payment to the CAA creates documentation based on the information that you provide. By using the online payment to the CAA you accept responsibility for the accuracy of the information you provide.
- You are responsible for ensuring the print quality of the documentation produced.
Changes to Online Payment to the CAA
- We may change the functionality of any aspect of online payment to the CAA, including to these terms and conditions, at any time without notice to you.
- You acknowledge that we are providing you with access to online payment to the CAA at no cost to you. We may revoke or suspend your access to online payment to the CAA, or withdraw the availability altogether of online payment to the CAA at any time without notice to you.
Fees and Charges
- You shall pay the CAA for products at the cost displayed at the time of payment.
- The CAA may vary the prices of the products at any time without notice.
- All fees and charges are displayed in New Zealand currency.
- All transactions will be processed in New Zealand dollars.
Prices Inclusive of GST
The prices of the services are inclusive of GST where applicable.
Declaration of Residency
You tax residency status declaration is your responsibility. By declaring that you are a non-resident for tax purposes you have read and fully understand the information provided on the Inland Revenue website, http://www.ird.govt.nz/international/residency/personal/ regarding tax residency. The CAA is not responsible for checking or verifying your declaration, and does not accept liability if your declaration is inaccurate or untrue.
Method of Payment
- You can only pay the CAA for products online by credit card or internet banking.
- Types of Credit cards accepted by the CAA:
- Internet banking is provided via POLi.
- A manual payment system will always be available.
The medical certificate application fee as referred to in the Civil Aviation Charges Regulations (No 2) 1991 Amendment Regulations 2012 is non-refundable regardless of whether your medical assessment is approved or declined, except to the extent that any waiver or refund is agreed to by the CAA.
Local Laws and Regulations
These terms apply to the use of online payment to the CAA. By using online payment to the CAA, you confirm that you are not breaching any local laws or regulations existing where you are. You also confirm that you are not breaching any terms and conditions for using Civil Aviation Authority web site products accessed via online payment to the CAA.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage (direct or otherwise) you suffer in connection with your use of online payment to the CAA or your use of, or reliance on, documentation or data generated by or accessed through online payment to the CAA.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage (direct or otherwise) you suffer from the temporary or permanent non-availability of the Civil Aviation Authority web site or of online payment to the CAA.
Phone-based technology support for online payment is available by calling +64 4 560 9400 between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:30 pm (NZ time) on Monday through Friday (excluding public holidays or during periods of office closure).
- In the course of providing you with payment of product via online payment to the CAA, we may collect personal information from you.
- Whenever you use online payment to the CAA via the internet our servers may automatically record information that your browser sends. These server logs may include information such as your Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- We do not collect or hold any credit card information in respect of online payment to the CAA transactions. Before providing your credit card details, you will be transferred to a secure server provided by our payment service provider, DPS. Your credit card data will be used to complete payment and will be stored securely by DPS. Your credit card data will only be further accessed in the event that a refund may be necessary.
- The CAA has physical, electronic and managerial processes in place to best protect any information collected via online payment to the CAA. The information you send is passed through a secure server.
- You may use the documentation produced by online payment to the CAA and reproduce it (electronically or in hard copy) only for the purpose of producing the documentation required for the purposes of medical certification or payment of fees and charges.
- In all other circumstances, you must get written permission from us before you use, send or reproduce any of the information or functionality in online payment to the CAA.
The use of online payment to the CAA is governed by the laws of New Zealand. When you access online payment to the CAA, you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
Variation of Terms and Conditions
From time to time the CAA may vary these terms and conditions without notice. It is your responsibility to understand these terms and conditions prior to any use by you of the CAA online payment system. Your continued use of the CAA online payments after the terms and conditions have been changed indicates your acceptance of those changes.