Earlier PBN Info
Operators and Pilots – Important Information
Advisory Circular AC91-21 is draft only. Please note, the following:
- Legacy IFR GNSS approvals may continue to be operated. The 13 Nov 2014 deadline does not apply.
- The restrictions described regarding the use of legacy IFR GNSS approvals still apply.
- Legacy IFR GNSS approvals will continue to be issued.
The CAA is working on PBN implementation as part of New Southern Sky.
In 2015, operators and pilots will be encouraged to contribute to the development of PBN implementation, with consultation on standards, equipment and operating procedures. Once the new standards are in place, some operators may need to upgrade equipment and develop new procedures so they can continue using PBN routes. The CAA will advise when and how you can have your say in 2015.
If you are planning to upgrade your navigation equipment, or if you are unsure what your existing approval allows, contact the the CAA Aerospace Programmes Unit for advice, email: Ray.Harvey@caa.govt.nz.
ICAO Asia-Pacific Performance Based Navigation (PBN) Implementation Seminar Feb 2010
ICAO as part of promoting PBN knowledge sharing and to facilitate PBN implementation organized a two-day seminar on PBN implementation. The PBN Implementation Seminar was hosted by the Civil Aviation Department, Hong Kong, China (CAD) at Cathay Pacific City on 1 – 2 February 2010.
CAA PBN Industry Forum 18 Nov 2009 Auckland
- Meeting Notes from PBN Forum - 18 Nov 2009
- CAA PBN - Industry Forum - Agenda
- PBN - Aviation Industry Forum
- PBN - Civil Aviation Authority - Actions
- PBN - Issues Workshop
- PBN - Outcomes and Expectations
- PBN - Industry Capability
- Airways - PBN - Deployment - New Zealand Domestic Airspace
- Air New Zealand - Jet Fleet Update
- PBN - Plan Development