Part 19 - Transition Rules
This compilation of the above Civil Aviation Rule was made by the Civil Aviation Authority as a reference document to provide details of the current rule requirements. It is not the official version of the Rule and should only be used as a reference document. It does not contain the statement specifying the Rule Objective, and the Extent of Consultation.
- Rules index
- View Current Rule (PDF 193 KB)
- View History of Amendments
- Advisory Circulars
Part 19 contains rules–
- carrying over regulations and tertiary legislation from the Civil Aviation Regulations 1953 that are required post 1 April 1997 until new rules are made
- carrying over regulations from the Civil Aviation (Security) Regulations 1989
- regarding use of GPS equipment on IFR operations.
Part 19 also prescribes:
- CAA powers regarding certain aviation documents
- Prescribed aerodrome meteorological minima and IFR procedures
- Supply Organisation Approvals
- Security provisions
- Miscellaneous personnel licensing requirements.