Guidance for Applicants and Examiners
IMPORTANT: Please refer to the General Directions (GDs) for instructions regarding the timing and nature of the tests. The comments below are intended to provide practical advice to ensure that the report is completed satisfactorily and provides the information necessary for an aeromedical assessment.
Purpose of Form
- Must be used for audiometry, speech audiometry and mean hearing loss calculation (as detailed in GD/Gen/02/04 Parts 6, 21 & 22).
- "The Examiner" may be an Audiologist or registered Medical Practitioner.
- The Applicant should fill in Sections 1 - 5.
- The Applicant should sign the form in front of the Examiner.
- Photographic ID as specified in the GD MUST be taken to the examination. (For example Passport, Firearm Licence, Driving Licence.)
- Please check ID and witness the signature (or get Applicant to re-sign if already signed).
- If results of Pure Tone Audio encroach on shaded area, then a speech audio is usually required. Check with Medical Examiner or refer GD/Gen/02/04 and GD/Aud/01/04.
- Acoustic Immitance Audiometry (Tympanometry) to be performed where clinically indicated.
- Acoustic reflexes to be performed where clinically indicated.
- Remember to include the type and calibration date of the audiometer.
- Please ensure that all relevant findings are recorded. If there are significant findings on examination, please use a continuation sheet if needed.
- Please ensure that the examiner's name and contact details are legible too.
Printer friendly advice for Audiometry Report (PDF) (as above)