Keep up to date on Medical Matters
You can now subscribe to receive an email notification when new information is added to our Medical web pages, including documents that are available for consultation.
The information below is provided to help you answer any questions you may have about aviation medical certification. Please read it before contacting the medical unit.
- How to Get a Medical Certificate
- Directory of New Zealand Medical Examiners
- Directory of Overseas Medical Examiners
- Directory of Optometrists Accredited by the NZAO to CAA Standards
- Medical Information Sheets
See the Civil Aviation Act 1990
Reporting Changes in Medical Conditions
Licence holders are legally required to advise the CAA if they are aware of or suspect a change in their medical condition that may interfere with aviation safety.
For more information on licence holder’s obligation to advise the CAA, see Medical Information Sheet 004 You Must Advise the CAA (PDF 473 KB).
Please Contact the Medical Unit to notify the CAA of any changes in medical conditions.
Have concerns about a licence holder?
Medical practitioners and aviation operators have a legal obligation to advise the CAA if they believe or suspect that a licence holder has a medical condition that may interfere with aviation safety.
For more information on Medical Practitioner obligations, see Medical Information Sheet 002 Medical Practitioner Obligations (PDF 380 KB)
Please Contact the Medical Unit to notify the CAA of any concerns.
- Role of Medical Examiners
- Requirements of Medical Examiner Grade One
- Requirements of Medical Examiner Grade Two
- Medical Examiner Designation - Info for new and existing MEs
- Medical Examiner Exposition Site
- The Medical Manual
- General Directions
- Emergency Directive
- The Medical Examiner Newsletter
- Medical Examiner Education
- Links to Aviation Medical Resources
- Medical Examiner Documentation Checklist (PDF)
- Examination Requirements Timetable and Medical Standards (PDF 25 KB)
- Fatigue Risk Management
- Civil Aviation Act 1990
- Part 67 Medical Standards and Certification (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions on the new Part 67
There are no documents open for consultation at present.